- Review research on risk and protective factors that impact school success.
- Identify risk and protective factors that can be addressed in the classroom and through school-wide programming.
- Develop a framework and processes for integrating strategies that facilitate resilience into existing instructional,
behavioral, and enrichment curriculum.
- Participants will review the research on risk and protective factors.
- Participants will identify components of existing instructional, behavioral, and enrichment programming that can be utilized
to facilitate resilience.
- Participants will develop plans for implementing integrated, research-based strategies for facilitating resilience in
students who are at risk.
Suggested Time Allotment for This Workshop
- Full Content Development: 4 hours
Educators will review the research base on resilience and identify classroom and school-wide strategies for facilitating
the self-righting potential of students at-risk.
- Introductory Level Development: 1-2 hours
Educators will be introduced to the research on resilience and will examine a few strategies for classroom and school-wide